Friday, November 07, 2008

Packing to return to La Manzanilla


A friend, Kelly, emailed these pictures of the house in La Manzanilla - just before a big storm knocked down the big tree that you can see on the left of the balcony... it's going to be a different scene when I get down there this time. I hear that the fence was damaged, bougainvilleas are wrecked, and there is no electricity, because the mufa (electrical box) was also knocked down...still, I am so looking forward to settling in there again, and this incident can't dampen my spirits - the sun, sand, and sea is a powerful healer. I will post a few other pictures above this one, to show some of the improvements (most of which will not be affected by the falling over tree). Thank goodness it didn't fall towards the house, and that no-one was injured!

No comments: